Friday, February 11, 2011

015 - Why the Friday not?

I wasn't going to blog tonight but had a very interesting day so I thought I'd share it real quick with ya'll before we head out to dinner.

So as we have no class on fridays, I slept until, oh 10am-ish. Kind of took it easy, really I was being lazy. Still kind of sore from calcio (yes its that intense). But I did manage to get my butt to the gym and lift for a little bit. So then after lunch I decided I would explore.

I was just going to go down to the Vatican and walk around, maybe shop or whatever. But I saw some fellow J-Force-ers in the square and they were going into St. Peter's so I figured, why not? We then also decided to climb the stairs to the dome, ALL ONE MILLION OF THEM. Ok so there aren't that many stairs but it's still a lot. The view from up there is incredible. You can see all of Rome and more. Luckily, I'm not afraid of heights, but it was still dizzying walking up the narrow stairs. The inside of the basilica is unreal too, the paintings and murals are done very well. I can't believe it took me a month of living here to finally get inside of it. Still have to go to the museum and Sistine Chapel, but I've got time. I then decided to go down and see the tombs' of the popes. I've seen my fair share of ancient tombs by now, so theses weren't the most lavish but still, important guys are in them. When I got to John-Paul II's tomb there was at least 50 people in front of it. Obviously because he was the previous pope and was pope for a while and very well liked. I didn't really know how to feel. Kind of how everyday here is going for me. It's all so surreal, I can't seem to process it. I don't think I'll really know how I felt during this semester until I am back home and can debrief.

Okay, well that's really what I had to say, I uploaded the pictures from earlier, so enjoy. Ci vediamo. (or rather in May)

No comments:

Post a Comment