Wednesday, February 16, 2011

016 - Another Game Another Win

Hmm let's see what happened since the last blog?

The rest of the weekend was fairly uneventful. Saturday a few of us went to a bakery and got sugary fried treats and milk, then proceed to eat/drink while watching Rent. Yes I'm a fan of Rent what of it? It's a good musical. And sunday was "do all the reading/homework I put off all weekend" day.

Fast forward to Wednesday night. Game night. That's right week 2 of calcio. Gang Green (my team) was up against a tough and scrappy Black squad. I let up a laser beam goal early, just after kick-off. Who am I? The USA world cup team? (hey-oh). But luckily the team had my back and we surged to a 7-1 lead with 5 minutes to go. Black did not go away quietly, and I got a little cocky. Thus the final score read 7-3. Improving our record to 2-0. I tried to take one coast to coast to score as goalie. Leading to one of black's goals. It was a good night, everyone seems to be having fun with intramurals. It gives us something to look forward to each week, a nice study break. I mean aside from all the traveling.

Looking ahead to the weekend. Made plans to head to Napoli (Naples) on friday for the day. Not much to see there except pizza and the coast. But I'm still excited. And sunday we are thinking of heading to Trastevere, a Rome neighborhood to the Porta Portese flea market. Gotta get some soccer jerseys on the cheap. That's a big reason why I came to Rome, for those and a Florentine leather wallet (CHECK).

I've also volunteered to be a student blogger for this semester, because on the Go Global page of luc.edu there is no one from Rome blogging this semester. So if my next post or two is a bit redundant bear with me, as I have to play a bit of catch up, because I'm starting a month in.

Well then, ci vediamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment