Tuesday, January 18, 2011

008 - Classes begin

Classes have started. I've only had 3 of 5 so far (Art of the Roman World, Ital 102 & Roman Catholicism). The other two I have tomorrow (wednesday). Evolution of European Security and Intro to Acting. Having One-day a week classes is rough. You get a lot of reading and such. Just gotta get used to it.

Italian 102 is turning out to be harder than I thought, so I shall be studying a lot for that. I mean going out and speaking it will help too. I don't know that I'll be fluent by the end of the semester, but I hope to be close, at least in basic conversations.

Today I woke up ridiculously early, 8am! in order to sign up for the Greece spring break trip. But I'm going officially! The leader of the trip is this really hilarious professor Dr. Alexander Evers, such a cool guy, can't wait.

Not a whole else to report on, except that I went to get notebooks today (forgot to get folders too, ugh) and that was an adventure. The lady at the store thought we were just dumb americans and spoke english to us. Even though I was speaking pretty good italian, I know how to say quaderno (notebook). Oh well, at least I am trying to speak the language.

Now it's off to cena for me. I'm hungry. Poi, studio l'italiano e catholicism. (I know thats not future tense, but I don't know that yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment