Sunday, January 30, 2011

011 - Andiamo in treno

Highlights of the last few days for your reading pleasure.

Thursday: Typical start to the weekend day. It's become our cider night down at Abbey Pub near Piazza Navona. I just had to get french fries, I needed something American.

Friday: Pretty low key, ended up walking around near the vactican and got lost. Had some gelato and took some pictures.

Saturday: Woke up at 4am to take a cab to the train station for the first train out to Firenze. Took about 4 hrs to get there on said train. Europe definitely has a better handle on the whole travel by rail think than the US. Upon arrival we walked into the city. First stop was the Duomo, freakin amazing. The color scheme is incredible. After that we saw the fake David statue in the piazza, obviously the women enjoyed this more than us guys did. Next, it was on to the Uffizi Gallery. Now I don't normally like art museums but this place was pretty cool.

Now as you all know Firenze is famous for leather, so what did we do after lunch? Shop. We found a really fun shoe store, the guy was real nice. However, the pair of leather sneaker shoes that was cool colors was not in my size. I did find a pretty nice leather wallet though, that was really the only thing I wanted from Florence. After a bit more of walking around we got dinner from a panini shop. Since it had been such a long day we decided to catch the earlier rather than last train back to Rome, not before picking up some wine and cannoli for the ride.

And after a good sleep last night, I now must hit the books, even though I have no motivation to do so. Ugh. Also I have a bit of a head cold. No one wants to do homework when they are not feeling well. I suppose I'll live.

Looking ahead at this week. Pope on Wednesday, Paris on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment