Thursday, January 13, 2011

005 - The 34 hour day is over.

I've got a bit of down time here after lunch and before our first "Survival Italian" class. So thought I'd update again, after a decent night's sleep.

Quick recap of yesterday, what was it? Wednesday? Sure. Tuesday/Wednesday just kind of blended together for me as I really did not sleep. I tried to sleep on the plane, but it was wildly uncomfortable. We landed in Rome, duh. Took about an hour and a half for customs and then getting my luggage. Got to campus around 11ish, registered and all that jazz. Afterward, we went on a little walking tour of the neighborhood we are in. I tried to remember where we walked to, but again I was so tired I'm still confused. Later, after dinner in "Mensa" the dining hall here, we went downtown (apparently). Took a bus and stuff, and saw the wall to the Vatican and St. Peter's. Ended up at this Irish Pub, it was literally like I was in Ireland, so of course I had to get a Guinness. It took about and hour and a half to get back to campus, damn night bus. I then went right to bed, I was incredibly exhausted, and thankfully we did not have to be up until 11am.

Today, we have some paperwork for some weird Italian card or whatever. And we are planning on having dinner at a neighborhood place then going back downtown for the Trevi Fountain and such.

That's really all I've got to say now. Still very much missing the States and so many people. And that may never get better, but I would have regretted not coming more than missing home. So it's something I'll have to deal with. Once classes start, I feel like I'll be too busy to have all this time to sit and blog and let my mind wander.

Alora, ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment