Wednesday, January 26, 2011

010 - Is time for sales.

Not a whole lot has happened since my last blog post. Just had classes and whatnot. But tonight was a pretty good night so I will share with you the events.

We had the Mass of the Holy Spirit down at St. Ignatius church, which is super cool. Well first off its a decent size cathedral, and thus the ceiling is painted really cool. I did not bring my camera, silly me. But I'm sure I'll make it back there sometime soon.

So after mass we had dinner at a restaurant right across from the church. For about 20 minutes they kept bringing us antipasti. And I was confused as to if it was dinner or not, or what the heck was going on. So I ate and ate. Little did I know there was a main pasta dish yet to come. I could only eat a little of it as I was so full. Then they brought us limon gelato. Yes, mother, there was wine too. Something red from 2004, a blend of stuff. I didn't really like it, too fruity.

Afterwards, we walked around and headed towards a taxi stand. I should also mention that today there was a bus strike, they do this a lot here I've heard. But only from 8am-5pm. So people could still get to and from work, but just enough to piss everyone off. There is another strike on the 31st, plan accordingly. Before the taxi, we stopped at a cafe and sampled the house limoncello (like what I bought in Sorrento). The taxi ride back was probably the highlight of the night. The driver was really chill and had american radio on. Midway through the ride Ghostbusters came on, we all sang along, you really had to be there.

So now I'm just about to head off to bed. Don't have class til 2pm tomorrow, like every tues/thurs. So I'm probably going to explore Monte Mario and/or work out. We'll see what happens. Shout out to any phonathoners reading this, I miss ya'll, think of me when you call the Rome list (tell them I am here, they'll give, I promise).

Ciao regazzi!

(As for the title, you REALLY have to be here...it was a bad translation on an italian sign in Sorrento)

1 comment: